The Shih Poo is the result of crossing a Shih Tzu with a Poodle. They are typically very small, weighing in at only 8 to 15 pounds. They have round, amber eyes, and their coats can be curly or silky in white, brown, gray, or black.
Shih Poos are quiet and typically obedient to their human family members, but they can be shy around people they don’t know. The breed is known to do well with other pets and children, and their Poodle genes make them smart and relatively easy to train. They are friendly, affectionate, and eager to please. Shih Poos need moderate exercise for both their physical and emotional health. They love a daily short to medium-length walk, and they’ll enjoy opportunities to play outdoors. The breed enjoys obedience and agility activities; they can use their clever minds and stay active this way.
- Moderate activity level
- 40 minutes of activity per day
- Brush daily to avoid mats
- Trim every 3 months or so
- Tear-stains? Wipe face with damp cloth daily
- Trim nails; brush teeth; clean & dry ears regularly
Temperament & Behavior
- Quiet, eager to please, obedient
- Friendly, affectionate, playful
- Clever, easy to train